I know what it’s like, because I’ve been married to a romantically-challenged guy for 11 years now. He sometimes needs a little help in the romance department. Here are 5 companies that will help you make your Smoky Mountain getaway a romantic weekend to remember.
1. Invite your special someone to a romantic cabin getaway with a message in a bottle. You pick the bottle and the message, and they send it to you. Kind of pricey — prices range from $50-$100. But might be worth it for the wow factor!
2. Pick a romantic cabin. You’ll pay a bit extra, but it may be worth it for the benefits. Most cabin companies have special cabins that they rent as “romantic” or “honeymoon” cabins. A few good options: Honeymoon Hills (if you want the obvious, heart-shaped tub, etc.) and Hartland Rentals. (This cabin looks great — a master jacuzzi with a fireplace right in the bathroom. How great of an idea is that???) As a special bonus, Honeymoon Hills is offering a free romantic weekend giveaway. Enter here.
3. Plan a special dinner in. Certain restaurants in the area, like Alamo Steakhouse (has both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge locations), have to-go romantic dinners for two. Alamo’s provides steaks, salads, bread and potatoes for two for $44.99. Click here for more information or to make reservations. In Cabin Services provides romantic dinners, too, with a variety of options. The best part? They deliver!
4. Choose a special add-on. Certain companies, like Gatlinburg Romantic Getaways, offer add-ons to cabin rentals. Choose from several options, and you’ll be able to surprise your special someone when you arrive at the cabin. For example, the petals of love add-on provides rose petals that surround the jacuzzi, along with candles, chocolate, feathers and more. The hearthside basket gives a handmade afghan, coffee, hot chocolate, mugs, cider, taffy and more. You can also have flowers waiting for your arrival. Click here to read all your options.
5. A massage in your cabin. Smoky Mountain Massage will come to your cabin for a delightfully relaxing and private massage. A his and hers one hour massage will cost you $160 — not too bad considering that it’s on location.
Hope this helps you plan your escape to the mountains!