Upcoming events, interesting articles, new contests and Smoky Mountain humor. We’ve got it all right here:
- Dollywood’s Festival of Nations — It’s right around the corner! Dollywood opens for the season on March 26, and that also kicks off the annual Festival of Nations, which is a month-long celebration of music, dance, food and art from around the world. PigeonForge.com has the scoop.
- The Kinda Long March — Outside Magazine ran this great article about a team of Chinese men who traveled to the U.S. to hike the Appalachian Trail — and find its manicured paths a bit wimpy.
- Candy Stores in Gatlinburg — Are you hungry? If not, this post will get you there fast! A nice (if incomplete) summary of the candy stores in Gatlinburg. Yum! Wish I had some fudge about now…
- Daffodils are A-Bloomin’! — New from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park Blog site, a video of the beautiful daffodils that are starting to pop out in the park.
- Appalachian Heritage Writers Symposium Writing Contest — A new article from the Tri-Cities Examiner is about this contest that has a deadline of June 1.
- Ten Facts About Black Bears in the Smokies — Did you know they can run up to 35 miles per hour? This post is from Aunt Bug’s Cabin Rentals.
- Hiking Humor – A funny hiking comic, with information about feeding animals in the park. Good for a smile.
- Thirty Historical Stops in Blount County Tennessee — The innkeeper at Gracehill Bed and Breakfast wrote this interesting post about 30 historical stops that she visited with her nephew. Fun idea!