A recent forum on TripAdvisor asks the following question:
Looking for any input on a “must do” in Gatlinburg or the park. We will arrive on a Saturday and leave early on Wednesday and only have 3 full days in mid-March. I’m wondering how long it takes to do things. We will have several children with us and want to allow for some down time at our cabin but definitely want to take in some sights.
The responses included some great advice:
- Ober is great especially if they still have snow, we enjoy riding the tram up there.
- Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail. It’s just a few miles from Gatlinburg and is a beautiful drive, rich in history. We love it and try to visit every time we’re in Gatlinburg.
- Suggest you start with a visit to the Sugarland Visitor Center just inside the Gatlinburg entrance to the Park – they open at 8 AM and have a museum and a 15 minute film on history of Smokies (free).
- I don’t know the exact dates you’re going, Hillbilly Golf in Gatlinburg is 10 bucks a head for adults, not sure about kids-maybe check their website for prices and seasonal hours. It’s always been a hit with our crew.
- Our Grandchildren didn’t present much of a problem on their trip through Cades Cove. Even at their young age, they enjoyed the wildlife and the scenery.
- A good, easy hike is Laural Falls, though kids need to use extreme caution at the actual falls area. Gatlinburg is fairly easy to walk in, just use caution crossing the main streets. Plenty of shops, kids will be wanting to do everything that cost an arm and a leg!! Space needle is fairly neat to see.
To read more, visit TripAdvisor.